You have already made several attempts to lose weight. Not always with the desired results, but fortunately developments are not standing still. From the medical world, several treatments and medications have been developed in recent years that help with weight reduction.
I want an ideal weight without hassle.
Treatment methods weight reduction in the Netherlands.
There are several treatment methods for obesity. StopOverweight introduces a new treatment based on weekly medication.
There has been a lot of research in recent years by research departments and universities on the effect of synthetic GLP-1s (Glucagon Like Polypeptide) against obesity to lose weight easily. And with success. In recent years, more and more GLP-1 medicines have come on the market that have proven to be very effective. As a result, surgical procedures such as a gastric balloon are becoming less necessary.
- Combined lifestyle intervention (GLI) programs in the basic package since 2019
- Combined Lifestyle Intervention (GLI) program with cognitive behavioral therapy
- Specialized GLI program only for type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Gastric Sleeve – gastric bypass
- Gastric Bypass – gastric bypass / stomach reduction
- Mini Gastric Bypass – a new variation of the normal gastric bypass
- Liraglutide 3 mg (Saxenda® – injection)
- Naltrexone / Bupropion 8 mg/90 mg (Mysimba® – tablet)
- Semaglutide 2.4 mg (Wegovy® – injection)
- Semaglutide 2.4 mg (injection – for diabetes 2)
- Orlistat 120 mg (Xenical®, Alli®)
- Tirzepatide 15 mg (Mounjaro®) – awaiting EMA approval
- Tablets or capsules that reduce the feeling of hunger and are available at pharmacies or drugstores that are free of prescription.
What options are available?
Lose up to 5 kilos
You want to lose weight and stay slim.
For your personal treatment program, we recommend that you contact our dietician / lifestyle coach. They can help you adjust your exercise and diet so that you lose weight and then maintain it. You will receive a counseling session and a personalized counseling report (so no drug treatment).
Lose 5 to 15 kilos
You want to take a big step in weight loss.
For this, you must qualify for StopOverweight’s medical treatment program. This includes a medical intake and medical counseling combined with lifestyle advice. You do it together with the StopOverweight team.
Lose more than 15 kilos
You want to seriously address your excess weight.
Because you are entering a special treatment program at StopOverweight, we would like to guide you as best we can with medication, exercise and your daily diet. The expert StopOverweight team will guide you on a daily basis. You are not alone.
Starting the weight loss program
To qualify for use of the weight loss drug, you begin by making an appointment at StopOverweight for a medical intake. Blood tests are a standard part of this. StopOverweight treatment is only prescribed if you are significantly overweight. Also, at the medical intake, your personal motivation for the treatment program will be important.